Happy Friday! What are you up to this long weekend? I can’t believe it’s already Memorial Day Weekend — the weather is so raw and gloomy.
We are staying home this weekend, which is nice for a change. A dear friend is visiting from out of town and I am so excited to see her and give her the biggest hug. We are also getting brunch with some of Matt’s old co-workers (we’re going here – excited to check it out!), and taking a few nice long walks around the neighborhood. Hope you have a great few days, and here are a few fun things if you’re looking for some weekend reading / perusing. xo
– Milo started daycare. He is only going part-time, but it feels like such a huge shift in our world. It has been a pretty rough first week, to be expected, but I know it will ultimately be really good for us both. He is also turning one in just a little under two weeks – what? How? I wrote a post over on The Boston Day Book all about my thoughts on this past year. It’s been a wild one. <3
– After our trip to Japan, I was really so excited to be home. And I’m still savoring the comforts that come with being home, but I have a small desire to pack up and head somewhere. Wanderlust is never too far from my mind. Always dreaming of Round Hill…
– I recently bought these adorable water shoes for Milo. Aren’t baby shoes the cutest thing in the world? Like, seriously, come on.
– I’ve been using a sample of this serum and I’m kind of obsessed. It reminds me so much of my favorite May Lindstrom serum, that I’ve been using on and off for years. It sinks right into the skin, smells good, and I’m definitely seeing results. I have a few dark spots from the sun, and I’m hoping that this may help lighten them… time will tell! I’m definitely going to be purchasing a full-size bottle. Also, worth noting that Detox Market is having a big Memorial Day Sale (10% off $100+ and 15% off $200+).
– I’ve been making this curry on repeat these days. It’s the best kind of food for these rainy days, and makes great leftovers, too.
– Matt’s distillery recently opened a 1,600 square foot patio and I’m such a proud wife. It’s amazing to see how far they’ve come and the new space is awesome. If you’re local to Boston, definitely stop by and check it out! Their cocktail special this week is a Mango Piña Colada. Yummmmmm.
– Have you ever tried Nairns graham crackers? My sister turned me on to them and they are so delicious.
Hope you have a great few days! xo
Photo: Elizabeth LaDuca